Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Crazy Love. I do mean crazy

I think another aspect besides sex control and fidelity that has shifted in our modern time compared with the past is the notion of love. I look at the story of cupid and psyche to explain this. In the story she kills her sister and does unthinkable feats for the gods in the name of love. Now? no way. i think people are just plain lazy, and if there's that much work involved, they say, "well out of 6 billion people I'll take my chances on falling in love with someone else." I'm trying to put it in perspective but i suppose I've never loved someone so much i would mislead and kill my siblings for that love. but then again maybe if my lady friend was the unattainable female counterpart of cupid, perfect in every way (don't let her know i think she isn't) i would be able to master these feats. but I don't know. Even then i still love my family just as much, maybe even more likely to do horrible deeds for their love.

No comments:

Post a Comment