Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Rape and heros

I have been brooding on the argument i had with my mom a couple weeks ago, where she stated that violence and art are linked. Other than me finding this just ludicrously false, i don't know why its been picking at me. but i went to a couple of websites to see if i could get a glimpse of her point of view. One was called moviesthattrigger.com (i know it sounds ridiculous, but it exists). This sight basically shows a list of movies that have rape scenes in them, and draw a link between actual sexual violence. now i just won't believe that. from all the rape scenes I've watched I'd say the exact opposite is true. For the most part cinema shows sexual violence for the ugly monster it is. I really don't think people are that suggestible, or easily misled. maybe these website creators need to watch the Sopranos Dr. Melfi rape scene and realign their thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment